Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Love Day

My year in Korea has been a healing experience. I came here brokenhearted, but despite coming to a very unromantic country, I have recovered and I'm in better shape emotionally than I was one year ago. The more time passes, the more my old relationship crosses into cliche territory. 

This Valentine's Day, I'm thankful for singlehood. Dates have been fun but people don't stay in one place long enough for anything substantial to form. I've made new friends from all over the world and said good-bye way too many times, but it's always good to make connections with people, even if our time together was brief. 

A Korean friend told me she wants to date an American man because, judging from movies, American men are very romantic. She told me she imagines dating a man like Jerry Maguire, a man who will say things like, "You complete me."

No comments:

Post a Comment