Sunday, September 6, 2015

I love you more today than yesterday

I decided this catchy, invigorating tune from the 1960's perfectly expresses my love for Istanbul. I really do find that every day I am more and more enamored of my new home. My weekend was full of exploration, art museums, and fun times with friends. My Turkish friend Seda stayed with me and brought with her a chocolate cake and a box of Turkish delight. Turks are generous and thoughtful, qualities I appreciate and admire.

  

Inside the Haydarpaşa train station in Kadikoy. There is some controversy over turning this historic building, which is currently open to the public, into a fancy hotel. 
My friend Rachel gazing at the lovely Kiz Kulesi, or Maiden's Tower, in Uskudar. 
A memorial for Berkin Elvan, a 15-year-old boy who was hit in the head with a teargas canister while he was out buying bread for his family in June, 2013. Someone, maybe the baker in this statue, is still out looking for him. This statue reminds me of Mister Gepetto looking for lost Pinocchio. 


Turkish tatterdemalion crosses the street with a gaggle of geese. 
Art at the Istanbul Modern.
Spying on classy people dining at Cicek Pasaji.

No comments:

Post a Comment